Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Good Evening! Tonight is a two-parter, first I'd like to brag on my kid a little bit. 

To do that, let's go back to yesterday morning, at 6:00 am, because that's when all 3-year-olds should be waking... I went in to Alex's room to find him asleep on the floor. Not just rolled there and stayed there, but the blanket perfectly spread out, his pillow oriented the same as it was on his bed, and his little (ginormous) body tucked in nicely in the middle of all this. Seriously, it looked like something huge had just picked him up on a spatula and laid him out on the wood floor without disrupting anything. Okay...
So I sat down on his bed, bent over towards the floor and began rubbing his back to wake him when it struck me that this bed wasn't entirely dry. No problem, normal little kid issues. So then I'm thinking, "Is he still in his wet pants?" I look over and notice they're crumpled up in the corner of his room. "Well, what about his underwear? Is he sopping wet or naked under that blanket?" I start to peel back the blanket to discover, no, he's not naked. He woke up in the night after wetting his bed, and didn't bother to wake anyone up. He simply pulled off the soaked undies and pj pants, replaced with the only thing he could find - a too small pull up and a clean pair of jeans (hey, pants are pants to a boy) - laid his blanket and pillow out on the floor where he'd be dry, and went back to sleep. Wow. Good job kiddo.

Part 2 is a little deeper into my bio. Alex's dad is pretty much out of the picture at this point, and he's being raised in a house with 2 1/2 women. Let me tell you, there is nothing like raising a little boy to understand the way men think. Everything is an extreme sport, for starters.  I mean EVERYTHING. Eating, playing, tormenting the cat, tormenting the sister figure, being adorable, and sleeping all included. On top of that, I seem to be a glutton for punishment, being a single mom in one of the nation's most demanding areas isn't bad enough, I own 2 businesses on top of it and work a part time job to keep the bills steady. It's been a learning curve to say the least. That would be plenty to write about, right? Wrong... let's throw dating into the mix as well, and Oh look! A guitar! I've always wanted to pick that back up again...

What do you mean you think I'm ADD or ADHD or whatever it--oh look! SHINEY!

1 comment: