So, who are we?
Virginia: I grew up in a military family, never living in one spot for more than a few years. I quickly learned that distance doesn't have to end friendships. I don't get to see many of my best friends more than once or twice a year, but we always pick up exactly where we left off. I met Eliza in high school, where we ran in the same circles, but rarely spent time alone together. In fact, I only remember one such occasion, and I'm pretty sure it was more to show off her horse to someone new than to actually spend time with me. We lost touch after high school, but re-connected after she and her ex-husband split up and she moved back home. (Thanks Facebook!) We started spending time together, so the kids could play, and that re-connected friendship grew stronger once my ex-husband and I split up. We began to get together several times a week, with and without the kids, to watch TV, drink wine, or commiserate about our divorces.
Eliza: I also grew up in a military family, only it was at the tail end of my father's career so we moved only once and I spent most of my life in the same little suburbia just outside one of our nation's largest cities. I did have the pleasure of moving from public school, to tiny private school (class of 4), to public high school (class of 600). Somehow I missed out on the resiliency friend skills until later in life. My fondest memory of V growing up? Getting together at her parents' house to watch Red vs Blue... the original first 2 seasons and waiting for the episodes to come out. During our time lapse we both went off to high educations, hers a degree, mine a vocation school, and proud to say, we are part of the minuscule population that uses the education they studied in their careers.
The kids are two little hellions. Jenny, Virginia's girl, is 5 years old, as of this post, and is enjoying kindergarten. She loves books, drawing, princesses, super heroes, and Star Wars. Eliza's son, Alex, is almost 4, going on 25. He is Mr. Independent and is almost big enough to try out for the NFL. He loves Spiderman, Batman, Captain America, and robot dinosaurs from outer space...And poop. Lot of poop.
Welcome to blogging Ladies! I look forward to what you guys will put out!
ReplyDelete